• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Welcome to AUSARMA
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Display adapter does not support format D24S8 for X8R8G8B8

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Marcus-AAF-

Marcus-AAF-
  • 5 posts
  • country
Hey guys just for future reference i wanted to let everyone know how to fix this incase your arma2 doesn't start up and comes up with this error.
All you need to do is update your graphics card and if that doesn't work make sure your graphics card hardware acceleration is on.
Seemed to fix my problems just fine http://www.ausarma.o...tyle_emoticons/default/arma/thumbup.gif
Posted ImageIf you see me without a SAW, Slap me :D

Freeborne

Freeborne
  • 2,860 posts
  • country
Never seen this error before.

I'm guessing you let Windows download your video drivers, which usually don't offer full 3D acceleration features, or the software suite to customize 3D settings?

I noticed Steam now supports ATI graphic's cards. Detects your video card and downloads the latest correct drivers, no need to click through multiple drop-down menu's to select your correct video card, etc. Not sure if they support NVIDIA too, but it will be a godsend for noobs.